- 1/2-3/4 lb sliced steak
- 1 c dry long grain rice
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into 3/4" squares
- 8 oz mushrooms (I used miatake. Use whatever...)
- 1 sweet onion, chopped into 3/4" squares
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 T canola oil
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c brown sugar, loose
- 1/4 c Jack Daniels
- 1/2 beef stock
- crushed black pepper
1. Combine 1 c rice and 2 c water in a pan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to LOW, cover, and let simmer untouched for 15 minutes.
2. Chop onion and garlic, add to a frying pan over medium heat with canola oil. Saute 5-8 minutes until onions soften. Add mushrooms and bell peppers. Saute another 5-8 minutes until veggies are al dente. Set aside in a medium bowl.
3. Meanwhile, pat dry beef with paper towel. Season with black pepper. Increase heat in frying pan to Med-High and add beef. Brown for 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally so it browns on all sides. Remove from heat.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine soy, sugar, and bourbon.
5. Add beef stock to frying pan to deglaze the pan. Add bourbon sauce mixture to pan and boil on high for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Reduce heat to low, add beef and vegetables. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes. Serve over rice.