- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 can refried beans (original recipe calls for black beans)
- 1 c light sour cream
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 c broken tortilla chips (I sliced tortillas and baked at 400, turning occassionally for ~10 min)
- 2 c grated cheddar
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 T chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1.5 c salsa (i used homemade, the recipe calls for "green salsa")
1. Preheat oven to 400F. While oven warms, brown beef with onions and garlic. Add enchilada sauce and beans. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. In a food processor, combine sour cream, peppers, cilantro and salsa until smooth.
3. Spoon half of the meat-bean mixture into a 9x13" pan. Top with 1/2 of the broken tortilla chips, then 1/2 of the cheese. Cover the chips and cheese with the remaining meat-bean mixture. Spoon on the sour cream mixture and spread evenly. Finish with the rest of the chips and cheese. Sprinkle on the scallions.
4. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm.