Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Salmon and Couscous Packets

For my first blog recipe I thought I would start with something easy that and anyone can cook. The pearled couscous comes from a box making this dish only semi homemade. I like the Near East brand for the couscous (be sure to get pearled couscous, the larger balls) and for my house seasoning in use Paula Deen's. Also, for the matchstick carrots I like to use the ones that are pre shredded and come in a bag, found in the salad section of the grocery store. They are great for salads the next day. I paired this salmon dish with a light, crisp, carbonated Vinho Verde made by Gazela.


Ingredients

Serves 4
    2 (5-ounce) pkgs basil and herb pearled couscous mix, cooked according to directions
      4 (4-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
    1 c matchstick zucchini 1 c matchstick carrots
    1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
      1 lemon, thinly sliced
      2 tsp house seasoning blend
    Salt & Pepper
    2 Tbs olive oil

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425°F.2. On 4 sheets of parchment paper or aluminum foil, divide couscous evenly. Place salmon fillets over couscous. Top each evenly with zucchini, carrots, sliced tomato, and sliced lemon. Sprinkle with house seasoning, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Fold the paper or foil over and seal completely.
3. Bake for 15 minutes, on a baking pan, adding more time if your fish is more than 4oz.




2 comments:

  1. Yay! Omg those veggies look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making this tomorrow, but with a tuna steak. I'll let you know how it comes out :)

    ReplyDelete