Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta

Hey, so I know it's been a while but I made a yummy light shrimp and pasta dish tonight for dinner that I thought I would share! It was super simple and easy to throw together. My recipe would serve 2 but can easily be made for more.

Shrimp Boil:

10 raw frozen jumbo shrimp
2 cloves of garlic
1 bay leaf
1 lemon, quartered
1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 tbsp butter
Salt and fresh cracked pepper

Combine all ingredients into a pot of boiling water and simmer on medium until shrimp are fully cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes (since my shrimp was frozen).

Using a slotted spoon remove the shrimp and lemons. Serve over a bed of pasta or rice. I used whole wheat spaghetti and tossed it with butter and chopped parsley. Squeeze the extra lemon juice over the dish and enjoy!

On a side note I am here forward pledging to do more blogging and (attempt) to pull my weight! Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment