Friday, November 4, 2011

Pork and Brussel Sprout Stir Fry over Noodles

I have never cooked boneless pork loin or brussels sprouts before but the dish came out great. The boneless pork loin chops were so tender. I served it over stir fry noodles but they can be substituted for rice.

INGREDIENTS

3 tbsp. peanut oil (you can also use vegetable oil)

1/4 tsp sesame oil (optional)

1/2 lb. boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips

1 lb. brussels sprouts, halved, and boiled until almost cooked

2 scallions, whites and greens sliced separately

2 cloves garlic, chopped

1/3 cup soy sauce

2 tbsp. brown sugar

1 package stir fry noodles

DIRECTIONS:

Heat 1 tbsp. oil and sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add pork and cook until golden; transfer to plate. Add remaining 2 tbsp. oil and sprouts to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until brown and tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Add scallion whites and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add soy sauce, brown sugar and 1/4 cup water; cook until sauce is slightly thickened. Return pork to pan and toss to coat. Top with scallion greens. Serve over cooked stir fry noodles.

1 comment:

  1. Your post inspired me to try brussel sprouts. It's been a long time since I've had one... I don't recall the last experience very fondly. I'm hoping it was just cooked wrong when I had it before. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks for the recipe, this looks yummy! :) I want to like brussel sprouts, I really do!

    ReplyDelete