- 1 c arborio rice
- 5 c chicken or veggie stock
- 1/2 c white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- zest of one unwaxed lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 1 T kosher salt
- 5 oz raw, peeled shrimp
- 4 oz large scallops
- 1/2 lb asparagus, chopped into 2" pieces
1. Combine lemon zest, garlic, and salt into a paste. Mix paste into seafood and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, using a wooden spoon, brown arborio rice over medium heat in olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add white wine and stir continuously until absorbed.
3. Add one cup of stock, stir continuously until absorbed. Continue adding 1/2 c of stock at a time, each time stirring continuously until all liquid is absorbed. (This process will carry on for 20-30 minutes). Your end risotto product will be creamy and the rice will be tender.
4. In a saute pan with a light coating of olive oil- saute scallops (2-3 minutes on each side) and shrimp (turning occasionally until cooked). Once the seafood is cooked, set aside and deglaze the pan with small amount of chicken stock and lemon juice.
5. Add asparagus to the saute pan, and cook 1-2 minutes (just quickly, to warm it through).
6. Gently fold seafood and asparagus into risotto.