Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gourmet Grill Out in the Park: Grilled Bread With Zucchini, Ricotta, and Basil

Last minute Travis and I decided that we were going to join our friends at a grill out in the park. I was already planning on making this dish so with a little pre prepping and modification I brought all the ingredients to the park. It came out super tasty and everyone else with their hot dogs were jealous. Even though I served it with grilled pork chops, the bread was the star of this dish.

For the pork chops, I seasoned them with salt and pepper and brushed them with olive oil before putting them on the grill. I also served the dish with a frozen lima bean/corn mixture which I placed in a zip-lock with a Tbs of butter before leaving the house. I heated this up on the grill in a small saucepan and added salt and pepper before serving.


Ingredients

Serves 4

4 1/2-inch-thick slices country bread
1 tablespoons olive oil
4 small zucchini (about 2 pounds), thinly sliced lengthwise
1 cup fresh basil, leaves torn
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
kosher salt
1 cup fresh ricotta

Directions

Mix ricotta with basil, red pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt.

Heat grill to medium-high. Brush the bread with oil and grill until golden and crisp, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to plates.

Grill the zucchini until tender and slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side.

Top the bread with the ricotta and then zucchini.

1 comment:

  1. Aaah! We get a grill at our next apartment- I can't wait to grill out. First on the list is this bread :)

    ReplyDelete