Friday, June 10, 2011

Grilled Chicken Fajitas


As you can probably tell by all my grilling recipes, I try not to turn the oven on during the summer unless necessary. So, I have turned many of my favorite stove top dishes like this one into grilling recipes. I served my chicken fajitas with boxed rice and refried beans. My favorite box rice of all time for Mexican Night is the Mexican style Rice A Roni, it is delicious. Along with the side dishes I like to make sure I have an array of toppings for the fajitas including sour cream, guacamole, salsa, romaine lettuce, and hot sauce.

Ingredients
Serves 4

1lb chicken breasts
1 packet fajita seasoning
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
Tortillas

Directions
Place chicken breasts, fajita seasoning, and 1/2 cup water in a plastic bag. Let marinate for 1 to 3 hours. Preheat the grill. Place chicken, bell peppers, and onions on grill. Once these are cooked quickly heat the tortillas on the grill.

Serve with rice, beans, and toppings suggested above.


No comments:

Post a Comment