Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Avocado Shrimp Pizza


This will be a quick post, I've already posted the recipe for the pizza crust. It's a really simple no-yeast recipe. I do pizza quite often, it's just such a great way to use up ingredients that I have in my fridge. It also gives you a chance to get creative with what you have. Fred and I had a lot of fun putting this one together and it turned out delicious!

Preheat the oven to 375.

For the sauce, Fred made an avocado cream cheese with one whole avocado and about 1/2 cup of chive cream cheese.

Toppings:

1 cup (cooked, tail on) shrimp, diced
1/2 cup red onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, diced
1 tsp mexican chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp cumin

I sauteed all of the toppings together over medium heat until the spices were well blended and the vegetables softened. Arrange toppings over crust and avocado cream cheese spread. We sprinkled with shredded pepper jack cheese, approximately 1 cup or more. Place in the oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes or until golden and dough cooked thoroughly.


1 comment: