Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stacey's Polish Pasta (or Poor Girl’s Pasta)

Thanks for letting me post on this lovely, lovely blog! Unfortunately, I don't have pictures - but I can update next time I make it.


I first developed this recipe when I started my first job, had my first solo apartment and had to cook for one on a tight journalist's budget. I love fresh veggies but they can break the bank. So this allows you to incorporate whatever you have left over or whatever you use for your daily lunch.


Purpose is to throw together whatever you have in your fridge and call it a gourmet, Italian meal. Make it your own.


Ingredients:


Whatever veggies you have in your fridge – red bell peppers, mushrooms, baby spinach leaves seem to work best

Olive oil (3-4 tablespoons, depending on if you're making it for one or more)

Pasta – mixing two different types is encouraged

Few cloves of chopped garlic

Italian seasonings: Onion (powder or chopped), basil, oregano, etc.

A number of spoonfuls of parmesan cheese (or whatever white cheese you may have)

Cooked Boca crumbles (optional, but one of my favorites!) or cooked bits of bacon (optional)

  1. Boil water for the pasta.
  2. In a saucepan, throw in about two tablespoons of oil olive, garlic, veggies and spices, and sauté. Add in Boca crumbles or bacon if so desire. Let cook for about 5-8 minutes, depending on temperature (and how much time you have).
  3. Cook pasta.
  4. Combine veggies with pasta, drizzle olive oil to liking. Top with cheese.
  5. Serve with garlic bread or a side salad if you want, but not necessary
- Stacey Skotzko

2 comments:

  1. I made a little poor girl's pasta tonight... Complete with TWO kinds of pasta, some back yard basil, and like a hand full of left over shrimp :) It was total comfort food :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey long time no talk!!! Welcome to the blog!

    ReplyDelete