- 4 thinly sliced cuts of chicken breast
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 4 T olive oil
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 c chicken stock
- 2 roma tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1/2 c baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 c fresh mozzarella pearls
- 3 T pesto
- 1/2 lb linguine
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Prepare linguine according to al dente instructions on package.
2. Heat olive oil on medium in a saute pan. While oil is heating, lightly dredge chicken in flour. Saute chicken for 3-4 minutes on both sides, until golden brown. Set chicken aside, keep warm.
3. Saute onion and garlic (in the same pan used to saute chicken) for 5 minutes, until tender.
4. Deglaze pan with balsamic vinegar, whisk gently for a minute, then add chicken stock. Stir and cook down on med-high heat for ~5 minutes, until sauce begins to thicken.
5. Add chicken and mushrooms, simmer on low an additional 3 minutes.
6. In a separate bowl, combine tomato, mozzarella pearls and pesto.
7. Remove chicken and sauce from heat, toss in pasta, tomatoes, and mozzarella pearls coated in pesto.