Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pesto Goat Cheese Pizza



What a really different and tasty pizza! I think I'll wait to make it again until the summer, so I can use garden fresh ingredients, but the store-bought versions sufficed this time and still produced a really yummy pizza.

Ingredients:
  • Pizza crust (I used a thawed loaf of frozen whole wheat bread dough)
  • 1/4 c pesto
  • 1/2 tomato, thinly sliced
  • 1 c baby bella mushrooms, quickly sauteed
  • 1 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
  • 2 oz goat cheese (I used an "herbed tomato" goat cheese I found at the grocery store)
  • 2 scallions, sliced

1. Preheat oven to 425 F
2. Spread pizza dough onto a cookie sheet or pizza pan
3. Layer your ingredients: basil (be generous), cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, green onions

 
4. Bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes, until crust is crispy. Let stand at least 3 minutes before slicing and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment